Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WIAW: spice up your life

Is anyone else singing the Spice Girls after reading that blog title?  SPORTY SPICE FTW!

Yay!  Two posts in one day!  This is a record for me, friends, and it is your lucky day! ;)




I was really on-plan and focused with my food, exercise and attitude today which I'm super excited about.  Now the goal is to make days like today the rule, instead of the exception (He's Just Not That Into You... anyone? ANYONE?).

Workout
I started the day off right with a quick 10-minute upper body Core Fusion DVD workout.  My triceps will definitely be feeling it tomorrow!
(1 AP Earned)

Breakfast
Lately I've been having oatmeal for breakfast pretty consistently, but with the weather getting warmer I'm starting to crave smoothies and shakes more often.  This morning I had Shakeology (really love this stuff) blended with 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 a banana, 1 Tbsp. peanut butter and some ice.  Icy and delicious!


I'm thinking that this breakfast may be a staple for the next few weeks!
(8 P+)

Snack
While I was at work I snacked on a fruit cup with pineapple, mango, jicama, blackberries and a strawberry.  I know the strawberry looks kind of pathetic... it was.  There may have also been a mini cadbury egg that snuck in there without getting photographed.  What can I say?  It was camera-shy... or something.

That view right there?  That's what I see everyday working the drive-thru at my coffee shop.  Living the dream, people.  Living the dream.


Yay for free fruit on Weight Watchers PointsPlus!  Too bad chocolate isn't free too...
(1 P+)

Lunch
Lunch was leftovers from last night and was ridiculously delicious.  I made Jenna's Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala which obviously did not disappoint (I've loved every recipe of hers that I've made!).  This is definitely comfort food which is what I've been craving with the dreary weather outside.


I ate about half of a serving of the Chicken Tikka Masala with 1/4 cup of basmati rice.  That's about half of the amount that I consumed for supper last night, but it was just the right portion for lunch (and fit into my Daily Points allowance a lot easier!).
(8 P+)


I washed lunch down with an iced coffee with a shot of sugar-free caramel and 1 Tbsp. half and half.  I only finished the amount shown in the picture.  I wasn't really feeling it so figured there was no point in finishing it... especially since it was free, you know?  Plus, the only thing in it that has any P+ is the half and half, and 1/2 Tbsp. of half and half is 0 P+.
(0 P+)

Workout
Today I finished the second workout of the Weight Watchers 5k Training Plan and guess what?  I did it by myself!  Nobody else was there to make me do it or to motivate me along the way, it all came from the grace of God and my determination, baby.  Awesome.  Call me depressing, but I kind of love the gloomy trees in this photo.


Friday is the 3rd workout of the training plan and I know it's going to be challenging!  We're moving to running in two minute increments.  I know I can do it though!
(4 AP earned)

Snack
After my workout I fueled back up with 4 carrot sticks, 1 ounce of dried apples, 12 almonds and a Laughing Cow Queso and Chipotle wedge.  My own little afternoon plate.  Cute.  I know it sounds like a lot of food but I was seriously famished!


I like to have a little bit of everything in my afternoon snack and this was seriously delicious.
(5 P+)

Dinner
For the second time today, I had indian food.  It's the new thai curry, my friends.  Comforting, spicy, sinus-opening and soooooo yummy!  I used this recipe for Aloo Gobi (Cauliflower and Potatoes) and it turned out really good.  Next time I would like it to have a little bit more sauce though.  I'm all about sauce.


We served this up with 1/2 cup of basmati rice, cilantro and a bunch of hot sauce, obviously.  I think tomorrow I'm going to mix this with the rest of my leftover Chicken Tikka Masala.  Yummmmmmm.
(9 P+)

As you can see, I didn't do a very good job of going green with my WIAW, but I did get a lot of fruits and veggies in and today that's good enough for me.

Total P+ Used: 31 (only one over my Daily Target--the other one will be taken out of my activity points I've earned)
AP Earned: 5 (works for me!)

Have you ever tried Indian food?  Did you like it?


K.

No comments:

Post a Comment