Tuesday, March 6, 2012

tuesday tune: pump it

Wanna know what I'm looking forward to sooooo much?  Only one more day until I can chew real food.  Who knew that was such a luxury?  I do now.  I'll talk more about this later, but doing this juice fast really, really makes me remember how much I love to cook and appreciate real food.  I'm not craving processed and super sugary foods (well except for fish fry... even though I'm not Catholic, Lent always makes me crave fish fry), but I'm really looking forward to eating oatmeal, roasted vegetables, quinoa, tilapia, almond butter and greek yogurt.  So close!

I had a really busy day today and ended up buying a juice at the local co-op because I knew I wouldn't have time or motivation to clean the juicer while rushing around to appointments, errands and meetings.  

Beet, apple, carrot, celery and ginger. Sooooo pretty!

By the time I got home and was ready for "supper," I was exhausted, hungry and rather cranky.  All I wanted was stir-fry, curry, taco salad, salmon, roasted potatoes and possibly even a veggie burger.  You know, no big deal.  Eventually I convinced myself that I only have 4 juiced meals left until I could enjoy all of those things (though hopefully not all in one meal...), and I would be really disappointed with myself if I quit this thing now.  Needless to say, it took a lot of pumping myself up to pull out the juicer, oranges, lemons, spinach, celery and ginger.  It took a lot of pumping myself up to clean the juicer.  And it certainly took a lot of pumping myself up to drink the juice and pretend like it tasted as good as fish fry... But pump myself up I did.  The Black Eyed Peas also may have definitely helped pump me up.


My little sister, Katie and I LOVE this song on Just Dance 3.  It's sooooo much fun and is like a Zumba class in your living room.  I've been watching it on YouTube and practicing it so that I have a chance to be half as good as Katie next time we battle it out.  

Don't even pretend like you don't want to dance now...

K.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it seems like you are doing well! Keep running that race girl. :) - Kayce

    ReplyDelete