Tuesday, March 20, 2012

tuesday tune: guilty pleasures, so says i

Want to know what I think is super interesting, horrifying and awkward fun to find out about people?  Guilty pleasures.  Ugh... there's nothing better than a guilty pleasure:  They are semi-embarrassing, usually hilarious and not a fact you usually find out about someone until you really know them.

Since we are becoming closer and closer every day, I figured it was about time you learn some of my guilty pleasures:

  • Even though I'm really, really bad at it, I love playing Super Mario Bros on my Wii.  Hubz sits next to me on the couch and just giggles as I miss 3 coins in a row, accidentally run into a mushroom and fall into the lava... all at the same time.  Now that, my friends, is talent.
  • I would probably wear leggings as pants 90% of the time if it was socially acceptable.  No joke.  As I'm sure you know, I don't have the type of body that makes this admissible.  Does that stop me?  Heeeeeeeeeck no.  THEY MAKE ME FEEL FREE, OK?  Sorry I'm not sorry.
  • One of my favorite songs of all time is about an affair.  You can't tell me that every time you hear "Me and Mrs. Jones" by Billy Paul you don't start to sway and sing along in the kitchen.  YOU CAN'T DENY IT!  The lyrics are completely against my moral values but Billy Paul's voice is butt-aaaa.  Le-sigh.
  • I like regular soda.  Love it, in fact.  I know it has absolutely no nutritional value, but there's just something so satisfying about the fizz and the cold refreshing taste after a long day served up with some tacos!  Yummmmmmmm.  I had a Dr. Pepper tonight and I don't regret it one stinking bit.
  • TV marathons are probably my worst guilty pleasure.  I could honestly watch the same episode of the same show more times than I'm willing to admit.  I've watched every episode of "The Office," "Chuck" and "Friday Night Lights" at least four times.  This is what happens when you are broke and can't afford cable, people.  I'm currently watching every episode of Gilmore Girls for the third time.  Gilmore Girls has to be one of my favorite shows of all time.  The humor is fast, witty and hilarious and I kind of want to be BFFs with Lauren Graham Lorelai Gilmore.  The last episode I watched featured a scene in a night club with a live band, which just so happened to be The Shins.  I loved The Shins in high school (who wouldn't after seeing Garden State?) but haven't listened to them much since.  This song is so catchy in a really not-annoying kind of way, you know?  And I just love the WhooooOOOO-HOOOooo!  Just listen to it and you'll understand, ok?  Stop judging me!

Get it now?  WhooooOOOO-HOOOooo=the best part of the whole song.

What are your guilty pleasures?

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment