Wednesday, April 6, 2011

the seasons are changing.

Since starting Keeping Up With Kayla three months ago, there have been so many days where blogging makes me feel so free and alive, and there have been a lot of other days where I feel discouraged, and feel like I have nothing to offer the blogging world.

These past two weeks I've been feeling kind of down.  I can't even begin to tell you how much all of the support and encouragement I've received has helped me through this challenging season.  I've received so many messages from people who appreciate the honesty in my blog, and that reminds me how important what I'm doing really is.  THANK YOU!!  You guys encourage me more than you can ever imagine!

All that said, I feel like I reached a blogging milestone today.  This afternoon I received my first package from a reader!  



I should probably start by saying that I have this really odd affection for mason jars.  Since I am really cheap cool, I decided to organize my bulk goods (grains, raisins, lentils, coconut, etc.) in mason jars instead of buying nice containers for all of them.  Turns out, I think they look stinkin adorable, and it saved us a lot of money!

About a month ago, Hubz and I went to Burger Jones and I asked if anyone knew where to get mason jars with handles.  As it turns out, our dear friends Kenny and Kim decided to send us some!


Guess who has two thumbs and was super pumped...?  THIS GIRL!


I'm finding a lot of joy out of the little things these days.


Just to make the day even better, it was like, 60 degrees here today!  It seems that spring has finally arrived in Minnesota!  To celebrate the momentous occasion(s), I sat outside, blogged, caught up on emails and sipped on this delicious mango iced tea!


Spiked with a couple of raspberries and a lemon slice of course!


Ingrid Michaelson is playing on Pandora, my kitchen is clean and I foresee sipping on plenty more iced tea from these fabulous jars... Could life get any better?


On second thought, I'm sure a cupcake couldn't hurt...

K.

2 comments:

  1. The mason jar is SO cute! And I wish I liked iced tea, because yours looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete