Tuesday, January 31, 2012

tuesday tune: i work out

As I alluded to last week, I gave Zumba a shot for the first time.  The days leading up to my Zumba class, I was ridiculously nervous about... everyone kept telling me that it was so.much.fun but I was super worried I was going to look like a fool.  I have rhythm and all, after all I was a musician for many years of my life, but quite often my body just doesn't quite move the way I tell it to.  AKA: I'm quite clumsy.  It's really rather unfortunate.

But of course, it was ridiculously fun.  I sweat and shook my booty off for a full 2 hours and I can't wait until I have the opportunity to do it again.

After going to the class, I had to do my research (read: watching YouTube videos for hours on end) to see what different Zumba classes were like and to get more of a feel for the workout.  Eventually I found a gem of a video... a Zumba routine to the song "Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO.  I know it may be a little bit "risque" but I have to admit, I do have a little bit of a soft spot guilty pleasure for the song.  Come on, I know you do too.  I mean really, is there any better way to wake up every morning than with the affirmation, "I'm sexy and I know it!"?  Yeah, I thought not.

So when I came across this video, I was immediately drawn to it because of the song, but as I continued to watch it, I was drawn to it for another reason... an adorable, white haired, 75-year-old-grandma-who-can-get-funky kind of reason.


Zumba:  You come for the music, you stay for the grannies.  Awesome.

Have you tried a new workout lately?


K.

No comments:

Post a Comment