So what's happening with the list now, you ask? Well, as of now my plan is to make that list a "101 in 1001" list. Therefore, my new goal is to complete everything on my list by September 28, 2013. I think this is a lot more feasible and I'm excited to see how it turns out!
Now a little housekeeping business, my december goals? Major fail on almost all fronts. Once again, I failed to realize how CRAZY December was going to be for me. Besides all the Christmas craziness and family gatherings, I also started a new work schedule that I've been trying to adjust to. Regardless though, I hate setting goals for myself and failing to complete them. One of my major goals for 2012 is to change that.
Tomorrow I hope to share with you my goals for January, but here are my 12 goals for the year 2012:
- Spend more time in prayer and reading the Bible. Pretty self-explanatory. I've been slacking at this and it hasn't done anything good for my life.
- Lose 50 pounds. I'd love to say that 50 pounds would put me at my goal weight, but truth be told, even after 50 pounds I'll have a ways to go. I believe that 50 pounds is attainable and reasonable, however. I know I can do it... I just have to do it (go figure, eh?).
- Find a job that I'm ok with. Yeah, that sounds as bad in writing as it did in my head. I love my barista job, but the cold hard truth is that I want to make more money. I want to be able to pay off debt quicker, I want to be able to give more to others and honestly, I want to do more things that cost money! Sorry I'm not sorry. However, I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to find a job that I'm really passionate about at this time in my life. A lot of this is because my passions are other places right now. I'm passionate about being a wife and serving my husband, I'm passionate about trying to find a healthy lifestyle and I'm just not sure what I will be passionate about as a career. I'm ok with that though. I'm only 22. I have time to figure it out. Plus, my ultimate dream-job? Stay at home mom. Yep, I said it.
- Go on a real vacation. When I say "real" I mean something like a cruise or going to California... Not going to Chicago for the weekend. A real vacation that's like 7 days. It's completely selfish but I think it's good for the mind and soul. We all need a vacation.
- Pay off debt. Hubz and I met at a small, private Christian college. People who meet at small, private Christian colleges tend to accrue a decent amount of debt. It sucks but we both agree it was worth it. My goal for 2012 is to pay off a few small debts (equalling less than $1000), all our credit card debt and my car loan. Yes, it's lofty, but I think that if we really buckle down and I start bringing in more money, it's definitely something we can accomplish.
- De-clutter. We have a lot of stuff. How we got all this stuff, I'm still not sure, but there is a lot of it. I really want to start living more simply and de-cluttering and getting rid of stuff is the best way to do it. AT the end of the day, that's all it is: STUFF. We don't need a lot of stuff, especially considering we life in a 700 sq. ft. apartment.
- Begin saving more. I would like to have at least $3000 saved by the end of the year. Having that cushion would relieve a lot of stress and even allow us to do things like take vacations, begin saving for a house, etc.
- Read 12 books. After college I kind of stopped reading for a while. Recently I've started reading more and realized how much I missed it! I think that one book a month is pretty reasonable, and actually think there's a good chance I'll read more.
- Join a nice gym. Hubz and I belonged to a cheap-o gym that neither of us liked for half of 2011. We ended up canceling our membership because we never used it. Although I really like working out at home, it would be really nice to be able to take classes at a gym, swim in the pool and even step on a treadmill every now and then!
- Move! Hubz and I are feeling a little trapped at our apartment right now for multiple reasons. We're wanting to move somewhere bigger and nicer (who knew cabinet space was such a commodity?), but that obviously costs more money. And honey, moving ain't cheap. I'm hoping that we will be living somewhere else by this summer.
- Gain revenue from the blog. This obviously forces me to become a better blogger, as well as a more consistent blogger. I really want to spend time on my blog in 2012 and really invest in it. When I'm writing often and expressing myself through writing, I feel at my best. I'm ready to take Keeping Up With Kayla to the next step, I'm just not sure how to get there yet.
- Watch less TV. Hubz and I don't have cable or anything, but we do have Netflix, and I make sure we get our money's worth on it. When I'm home alone in the afternoons, I like to have some sort of noise, and usually that ends up being the TV. I don't think I realize how much time and energy gets sucked into that stinking digital box every week. I need to unplug more. I know it well help my productivity and will help Hubz and I spend more quality time together.
So that's that. Hope you're feeling as motivated as I am to make 2012 awesome!