Friday, May 6, 2011

update.

It's been a while... I know.  Go ahead, judge me.  Sorry I'm not sorry.  I've needed some time to figure some stuff out.

It's crazy how much the way I express my emotions has changed.  It seems to be easier and easier for me to get stuff out through writing.  I've missed that these past couple of weeks.  I'm glad to be back... and I don't plan on taking any extended absences from the blog world anymore!

Here's just a small update on what's going on in my completely crazy somewhat uneventful life:
  1. I made a slight variation on this recipe from Jessica tonight in honor of Cinco de Mayo.  Freakin fabulous.
  2. Hubz and I just got our tickets for our first Twins game together... I'm beyond excited!  I've literally been asking Hubz to take me to a Twins game since we first started dating, almost three and a half years ago.  Yeah, it's about time.
  3. Three weeks from now I'll be soaking up the sun in sunny California.
  4. This is why I want to be friends with Amy Poehler Leslie Knope and Aziz Ansari Tom Haverford. 
  5. This is my new favorite show.
  6. I cried sobbed after watching Steve Carrell's last episode on "The Office."  Hubz laughed at me... it made me sob harder.  Then he tried to comfort me... while laughing at me.  Then I hit him... lovingly.
  7. This song has been stuck in my head for almost a month.  Can you blame me?  It's so.stinking.good.
  8. This is a picture that I forgot about from February when I joined my friends Becky and Ashley at The Purple Onion, a fun coffee shop in Dinkytown where our friend Eddie works.  Apparently I had been taking too many food photos at that time and didn't realize that my camera was still in the "digital macro" setting.  I was so confused why the pictures kept coming out so poorly. I'm a winner.

Eventful, eh?  Well things are about to get crazy folks.  In case you haven't noticed, I am way behind on The List.  Time to get on that!  Any suggestions for my next adventure?  I'm thinking a vision board, playing soccer with Hubz or motivational cards.  What do you think?

K.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to California next week and can almost FEEL the sun! (Although today is gorgeous!)
    Where are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah, I think that each day I'm beginning to despise Minnesota a little less!
    We're going to be in Santa Barbara for a wedding (as well as a little vacation!). Where are YOU going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is high 90s here. Come to Cali soon!!!! Kayla, soak up Santa Barbara, it is absolutely gorgeous. I wish it were closer to us, because we would go there so much more!

    ReplyDelete